I try to update the blog often, but really, this is pretty bad. I have 44! pictures to put into this post because it has taken me this long to get all of the pictures off from our devices, this is mostly Jer's phone's fault. There were some pictures on it that needed to make it into the next blog post and I usually update the blog when he isn't around, so I just kept waiting for the stars to align, and lucky reader, they finally did. The picture above we had just gotten out a bunch of Christmas stuff and the girls decided to take a bunch of them onto the stairs, I don't remember why.
This is our elf, Alice. She joined our family this year and the kids loved looking for her every morning! She was fond of candy and marshmallows.
We went to the Parade of Lights - it was cold, but the kids had snow pants and weren't bothered too much by it. Their favorite part was all the candy that they give to kids :)
Henry is starting to look so much older! I think his face is getting leaner.
Speaking of getting older, this one wanted to try out my boots!
We did the Up on the Rooftops tour downtown again this year,
we had a great time!
The kids did pretty well going to see Santa this year - Henry wouldn't sit on his lap, but he was ok with Leila's.
Greta, on the other hand...
We got a new camera for Christmas from my parents, and I am starting to try it out. The girls came into my room the morning after I got it, so I did portraits of them. In pj's.
This is Stella's best smile. And I took MANY pictures.
I experimented with the settings and voila, great tree picture!
The girls got matching Elsa nightgowns for Christmas - Stella is singing "Let it go!" here.
They wore them for at least 36 hours straight after opening them.
Christmas day we opened presents as a family and then made lunch in our fireplace. We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores. The kids ate at the picnic table in the family room and thought it was the best thing ever! Stella managed to dump her entire plate, baked beans and all, upside down under the table. Oops.
Later in the week we had Christmas with Jer's extended family.
Here is Grandma reading Henry one of his new books.
The girls obviously needed to wear their nightgowns at the end of this party too.
Finally we had days two and three of the party with my side :) Nana and Henry enjoying a snack.
Papa had a craft to do with the big kids - they each made an Olaf! I helped.
One of the first snow days in December I let the kids go crazy with play doh.
They absolutely love it. And made a giant mess.
Henry is two!! I made his favorite foods for lunch, including a cornbread that kind of looks like cake :)
Leila told him to make a wish, so he covered his eyes to do so...so stinkin' cute!
Then tried to blow out the candles.
Later that day we pulled the kids around the block on sleds,
then let them pay us back by shoveling the driveway.
The trick is to train them when they are young...they love it then.
We have gotten more into gaming - the kids are starting to understand the concepts - Leila loves Sorry. These two like to play with the pieces.
Leila borrowed the camera to take this shot, and some of her barbies and toys.
Henry still has allergy symptoms off and on, his rashes really never go away, and this particular morning he woke up with swollen allergy eyes. They settled down, but I just feel bad for the kid.
Another snow day, another day to make messes!
Trains and barbies ruled the morning.
Ken moved a stove for Barbie with Henry's help.
Then the kids made a "water slide"
They layered blankets, every pillow in the house, and random trains and other pokey things.
Then they used the long pillow for the slide.
And had a blast.
I love these pictures because they capture the fun of the moment.
You can see on their faces that they are being silly and loving every minute of it.
Puppy could not be left out.
Then we had snack, and since we are all getting so old now, we needed to sit on stools, not chairs.
This afternoon we went downtown to walk and check out the ice sculptures. The girls liked Olaf the best,
but Henry was excited about the train. As we pulled up to it, he exclaimed, "Thomas!"
And the funny things they say...
Stella: mom, you're the best.
Me: thanks, babe.
Stella: my cheese is the best too.
Stella: Henry keeps terrupting me.
Me: what?
Stella: terrupted. He keeps terrupting me.
Henry: Yes! I! Do!
Stella: see?
Stella: mom, tell me when you see Santa in the chimney.
Stella: do I have green bones?
Stella: is Jesus a boy name or a girl name?
Stella: mom do you know any Halloween songs?
Stella: The present guys ride camels.
Me: The wise men?
Stella: Yes, they brought presents to Jesus.
Stella: does Jesus love Santa?
Stella: when am I going to be a baby again?
Stella: Mommy, does S start with banana?
Stella: Princesses do NOT wear socks.
Stella: I wish I could be in a parade and ride a unicorn.
After watching the movie Elf for the first time...
Leila: Elves really don't eat very healthy.
Stella: mom, I want pink nail polish on my eyes.
Me: you mean eye shadow?
Stella: nail polish.
Something I thought I would never hear...
Leila: can I help you with some jobs around the house while they watch Frozen?
Leila: Mom, you are always beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment