Friday, November 28, 2014

Search for the Perfect Christmas Tree

Henry has firmly entered his Thomas the Train phase.  He is constantly asking to watch Thomas and if I ever want to distract him, I just tell him to go play with his trains.
Stella borrowed nana's reading glasses, I love how she is pursing her lips.
Leila wanted to take charge at the grocery store, she took my purse, the list, and pen.
Jeremy and I took a vacation!  One night, but it was lovely.  We went shopping at Birch Run, stayed in Saginaw, drove to Bay City, saw some swans.
Then drove over to Frankenmuth and walked around.
We had a great time spending time away just the two of us!
Then when we came back the kids had a snow day so I watched all 8 cousins at once!
It was a busy day, but it went better than I thought it would. :)
This was lunch, everyone loves chicken nuggets!
Then I sent the kids out to shovel the driveway.  They need some practice.
Next Jer and I pulled them in the sleds in the backyard before all of the snow melted.

Duie broke her pelvis, so we were visiting her the day before Thanksgiving and Leila brought her pilgrim hat.
Today we went out for breakfast
and then in search of the perfect Christmas tree to cut down.
We found it!  Here are Jer and the kids in front of it.
Now me.
Jer is showing them how to cut it.
Stella was the first to volunteer to help.
Henry thought it was pretty cool.
And so was the snow.
Leila got a turn too.
Then we pulled the tree to the path and brought it to our car.

Apparently we like tall trees...the star is not going to fit without some minor adjustments.
Decorating Leila, and the tree.
My little helpers liked to put multiple ornaments on the same low branch.  Can you see the cluster on the bottom left?  The girls are still choosing their own clothes.  I know you don't think I picked Stella's outfit, but I like to point it out so that someday I can tease them about it.
Here is the tree all lit up.
And more trains.  Line them up, put them in the backpack, carry it on his back to the next room, line them up again. :)

And the funny things they say...

Stella: strangers have glasses on 'em.

Stella: mama, look your face at me.

Stella: mom I smell smell in here.

Me: you need a show and tell that is something you are thankful for.
Leila: can I bring shampoo?

Stella: look, its raining snow!
Jer: we just call that snowing.
Stella: I just call that raining snow.

Stella: is it morningtime?
Me: yes
Stella: is the sky awake?
Me: not yet

Stella: mom! I just saw that black cat and it was too scary for my eyes. Cats aren't my favorite.

No comments: