Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Summer is a-flyin'!

 Leila made this sundae craft at school and was VERY proud of it!
 Leila's class on their last day at South Side

 The leaving second graders go through a high five with everyone lining the hallways.


 We started summer out with play doh.


 On a Sunday family hike near sanctuary woods, we saw a deer.
 Jer helped Ken put in their dock while the kids and Sue and I watched.
 Jer went on a mission trip to Missouri with church where he helped roof a house that lost one to a tornado.






 Meanwhile, at home...we built count down chains to count down the days until he came home.




 He came home the night before father's day, so we could celebrate with him the next morning.
 At the kids' daycare, they had Donuts with Dad to celebrate dads the following Monday morning.
 The kids and I went camping with Papa and my sisters and their girls up at Cran Hill the following weekend.
Henry and I went to the laundromat to wash sheets after an incident.
 I got some time to myself to read a book while I waited for everything to dry.
 The kids went frog and turtle hunting and Leila even held this baby turtle that they caught.



 Stella swam all of the way out to the floating dock by herself!
 Leila and I watched from shore.

 Henry had an allergy outburst so Jeremy came up and got him partway through the weekend.


 Greta fell in a mud puddle and refused to show her mom her arms.



 Henry went to Crazy Bounce with Jer.
 Papa filled up a ton of water balloons.







 Papa did not give me an underdog, but I managed to swing pretty high anyway :)
 Zoe
 Stella
 Paige
 Norah
 Jer and Henry planted a tree in honor of my mom on the 6 month anniversary of her passing.
 Horse drawn wagon ride!



 The girls wanted to be horses too.


 Stella loved her new shirt!
 We enjoyed a fire the last night and did s'mores and then papa added some color crystals and the kids loved it.
 Leila is proud of her toothpaste beard. :)
 Stella took a bunch of selfies...



 We went to the airport viewing area to watch planes take off and land.
We needed a new family picture for the church directory, so we had Rod take a few for us, this is the winner.

Kid Quotes:

Leila: Mom, today is the best school day of the year. Guess what we're doing.
Me: watching a movie?
Leila: We get cleaning chores!!
(Yes, she really said that with enthusiasm)

Me: Did you brush your hair?
Stella: No, but it's pretty nice already, right?

Our backyard hose sprung two leaks and the nozzle was shot so I replaced both. Leila kept talking about the new angel setting and how our other hose didn't have that. I was picturing this fine mist coming out when set to angel. I picked up the hose to use it and saw that it says angle.

(Henry climbs under the table and pokes my foot)
Me: Ouch buddy!
Henry: How do you know it's not a monkey?

We got a box delivered from amazon.
Me: I bet it's our new hammock.
Henry: Does it make ham?

(Henry listening to his rice crispies)
Henry: They're saying I'll eat you I'll eat you!
Me: Tell them you're going to eat them instead.
Henry: But they don't have a spoon so that's good!

Stella: Some women have lips that are kind of sparkle-y. They probably drooled or spitted on them.


Henry: I hear the other kids.
Me: No that's the sheep.
Henry: It sure sounds a lot like Stella.

Leila: Mom, Stella keeps looking at me, even when I tell her not to.
Me: This sounds like a big problem. Is it a big problem?
(Leila slowly walks away)

No comments: