Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Lots of parades, birthdays, and the zoo

 Stella's field trip to Bill's Greenhouse for her Mother's Day present
 Leila's class had a poetry reading.
 We went to all three Tulip Time parades this year!


 Henry fell asleep on Misti's lap.
 Leila walked with her class
 and found Uncle Rod.


 We also went to watch Bill Dutch Dance.


 We watched the Saturday parade with Papa, Dona & Jerry, Rich & Barb, and their families - a wonderful tradition.
 We went to a bunch of Jer's softball games but apparently I forgot to take pictures of that :)
 Stella turned 6!
 Leila turned 8!
 Henry and Greta helped Grandma Dort blow out her candle.
 Papa did his own :)



 Sunday afternoon naps.
 Kids do not like to walk downtown. :(
 Maybe they do. :)
 Stella enjoyed her field trip to the Critter Barn.
 We went to the zoo with Andy & Sarah



 Each of the kids needed to drive the tractor. (Leila)
 Ainsley
 Stella
 Ellery
 Oliver
 Henry



 Stella fell apart and needed to regroup partway through.



 Checking out a turtle.
 The river otters are always my favorite!

 Memorial Day we went out for breakfast with Jer's family and then to the parade.  This year we had beautiful weather for all of the parades!


Kid Quotes:

Henry: Mom, I want a secret door in my room that goes outside. I do. And I will only tell all of the kids that I know. I will.

Stella: When we were at the critter barn yesterday a goat took my name tag and ate it. Or it fell off. I'm not sure which.

Me: Stella, do you want to keep these papers, or can I recycle them?
Stella: Psych!
Me: What?
Stella: Psych - that's a short word that I call for recycle.

Stella: Henry kicked me in face. That's why his feet hurt.

Henry: It's always really sweaty under here (points to armpit). Always.

No comments: