We had supper downtown with friends and then Misti made me a cake to celebrate my birthday!
We have discovered a new place to go for Sunday hikes - Wolters Woods.
The kids like it because there is a playground too.
Henry enjoyed decorating his Star Student paper.
Leila's first year in GEMS and her first pinewood derby race!
She got second place in her age group.
The girls are excited to wear these princess dresses to Disney later this year!
Dad took Kari, Lindsey, and I on our biannual shopping trip that we used to always take with mom.
He made it to the end - it was a long day!
Henry and I went out for lunch with Grandma Dort and then played with her golf game.
It tired him out! I never get sick of taking pictures of sleeping kids.
Leila did her hair with as many things as she could find :)
Henry is hammering the roof
Leila is taking care of her baby
Stella is being silly
The kids picked me some flowers - Henry can't pass a dandelion without picking one for me.
Another Sunday hike - at Outdoor Discovery Center
The kids liked the zipline the best. It was flooded and I was worried they would fall in the mud, but everyone stayed dry!
Over spring break we did many fun craft projects!
Papa watched the girls for a day during spring break and they helped him make brownies.
Jeremy painted Leila's nails
Palm Sunday we got the kids dressed in their Easter best and took pictures
Henry was smiling without showing his teeth so I asked him to show me his teeth.
The girls sang in the program at church.
The kids hunted for eggs at Papa's
Stella's class did chapel
Henry held baby chicks on a Monday with Michelle
Elias and Claire did too.
Community day at Dutch Village!
Bunnies!
Stella keeps telling me that the only pet she has ever wanted is a bunny. She promises to take excellent care of it if only I will buy her one.
Greta was very attached to this little bunny.
We watched the Dutch dancers - they needed a little bit more practice!
These three dutch dancers were SO CUTE! Henry and Greta did a do-si-do together during the spin that was cuteness overload.
Henry got a haircut and I started with the top - we had to pause to take an old man picture.
The kids played at the park during Jer's softball game
Tulip Time 5k - Jenna and I ran together, Jer did the 5k and had a personal best time of 22:05 and then followed that up with the 10k.
Here he is trying to pump up the volume on our cheering...
After the races the kids played on the playground and pet the animals.
Kid Quotes:
Leila: (reading school lunch menu options to Stella) ...and Thursday you can have beef diapers.
Me: You mean beef dippers. I don't think I would want to eat beef diapers.
Henry: who is that guy who rides on a pony? What's that song?
Me: Yankee Doodle.
Henry: Mr. Doodle?
Me: Yankee Doodle.
Henry: Oh. (Proceeds to sing the song)
Henry: Mom, do we still have peeps?
Me: Yes.
Henry: Guess what I want for dessert.
Me: Peeps.
Henry: Yes that's what I want, but can you pretend you didn't hear me and take more guesses?
Leila: mom, did you know that you can stare for at least 51 seconds? I can. If you count fast.
Me: sit nice in your chair. Dad and I have both told you multiple times tonight.
Stella: I'm a really good forgetter.
Henry: I have a cut on my daddy toe.
(painting nails)
Leila: Can we do the overcoat now?
Me: The top coat?
(praying after she had her haircut)
Stella: Please help people to be able to recognize me.
(after her haircut)
Leila: Now brushing my hair is so easy! It is just five strikes.
Me: Strokes?
A woman at church is getting a service dog and they learned proper etiquette in Sunday School.
Stella: It is easier to ignore the servant dog if you don't like animals. I am going to try my hardest to look at her and not the servant dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment