Sunday, July 23, 2017

Literally over 100 pictures...apparently I am behind...

 On July 3 we went to Drenthe Grove for supper to celebrate a Day for Dylan, in memory of a former coworker of ours.


 On July 4 we went to Grafschaap church to support a family from our church.  They had lots of activities for the kids.
 Their favorite was the barrel train - Stella gave me a scare - when they came back her barrel was empty and I was worried she had fallen out, but it turned out she was just leaning all of the way forward and it only looked empty!


 I took the kids to the Outdoor Discovery Center.
 The favorite activity there is the zipline, but I forgot to take a picture of that.

 These stranger glasses never get old.
 We went to visit puppies with Grandpa and Loie.
 Then they took us out for ice cream at the Fantasy Twirl.
 Even Henry could have a Dole Whip!
 Stella stole my ice cream after she threw away her entire cone because she did not like it (who's kid is she??)


 We went camping to Hungry Horse with Dan, Misti, Josiah, Isaac, and Ella.

I got a little bit creative with my camera and did a time lapse video of the fire.
 The girls are trying out Jer's new chair.
 And the new hammock.

 Misti brought theirs too and we managed to get them hung between a tree and Jer's truck.



 Play-doh time!

 3 men in hammocks
 Frisbee

 Henry's nap after allergy issues.


Two ring pops are better than one!
 Back to the Fantasy Twirl!
 Sparklers are a little bit scary at first!


 The girls can help with the dishes!
 Lots of dirt!

 Water balloons are always a hit!




 Henry was dressed to match the hammock!
 A guy who was staying at the same time as us took an aerial photo of the pools with his drone.  I never realized that the kid pool was shaped like a fish!
 The guys took the kids for a wagon ride.



 We went to Macatawa Legends pool with Lin and Rich on a Sunday afternoon.  The kids all wanted to be in the tubes!

 Camping trip number 3 with church!
 New rule that we didn't realize we needed - never step in a fire pit! (Stella)


 We played Koob (sp?)

 The kids caught water skeeters, minnows, and crayfish.


 I love that the members of the church all came down to check out what the kids caught and showed lots of enthusiasm :)


 We had two great beach days - I managed to get pretty sunburned in spite of all of the sunscreen I put on.  There were lots of kids to play with!
 Kennedy, Leila, and Stella enjoyed playing on the raft in the waves.
 Henry was content to make sand castles.

Mark & Michelle let the kids borrow their raft - Jer took them for a ride and they had a blast!
Henry, Aubrey, Stella, Kennedy, Leila

 I loved finding these two snuggled up together in the morning.
 Saturday Big Breakfast!  It was delicious.

 The weather was a bit overcast so we decided to go to Lewis Farm Market with the kids and some of the other families.



 Leila has hit a stage with making mad faces during forced poses. I say we just take the pictures anyway and she will be the only one mad about it later :)





 We had lots of fun with these balls and air blowers.

 They cool you down if you're hot too.





 King of the mountain







 We fed the deer, it was really cool to see them all come and follow you down the fence.
 We were told that you could feed the camel out of the food cup.
 The camel had other ideas...he wanted the whole cup.



 Henry declared himself the one who spent the most time on his bike.  True.  We let all three kids be much more independent this year - they just had to tell us where they were going and we let them go on their own!  Scary but exciting too.
Megan and Leila
It was a great time spent in creation with other families of faith.  I always love the campfires the most.

No comments: