I brought the kids to watch Jer run the Tulip Time 5k and 10k yesterday.
The 5k started at 8am so I just packed some bags of cereal for the kids for breakfast.
They approved.
We sat and watched the start of the race and then moved to the end to watch for Jer.
He did great and I even managed to get a picture of him with the camera on my cell phone.
After both races we let the kids play at the park for a while, then we checked out the animals and played with the new frisbees they were handing out.
Next each of the kids got to climb way up into a city plow truck.
And we also went on the sheriff boat.
This cracked me up so I had to take a picture of them looking into the sun even though it was obviously not going to be a good shot. :)
We were going to take a picture of just the kids, but a woman volunteered to get one of the whole family. It was super bright again so I was surprised how well it turned out.
I finally got around to pulling out Dutch costumes to make sure we had one that will fit Leila for her parade marching debut this week, and since she was trying them on, the other two wanted to as well. Once they were all in costume, I decided we had better go downtown and take pictures!
Leila wanted them to all stand with hands on hips like Dutch dancers do. I don't think I got one picture of her without hands on hips.
Stella's costume still fits, but is way too short :) I tried to keep the camera's focus up so that it wouldn't look too silly.
Stella saw a woman taking a picture of these Dallas tulips and insisted that I take one too. They are pretty.
After we got home, the kids wanted to take more pictures of them Dutch dancing.
They had so much fun!













No comments:
Post a Comment