Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Catch Up and Allergies

The kids had a fun night at school the a while back - we had a pizza supper and there are tons of games for the kids to play.
 They HAD to get their faces painted - Henry went with a stylin' mustache.
 Leila got a face butterfly and Stella was very disappointed to learn that her butterfly was only on her cheek.
Busy season is almost done for us at work and Jeremy took a few pictures of the shipping guys he works with.


Tim, Dan, Nick, Jeremy, Ron
Don, Steven, Brandan
Robyn Anne, another friend from work had a baby, Juden, and he came over to visit us on a day when I had 5 kids to welcome him.  He did not get much peace, the kids were so excited to hold him and check him out!
 Leila loves to read, even to her brother and sister.
 Jer is starting the girls early, hoping to spread his love of running.
 They think it is pretty cool to walk and run on the treadmill.
 We had Norah and Greta overnight for a sleepover!  The kids loved it.
 Stella: ponies sometimes do this if they're trying to be beautiful.
 I had a dentist appointment and nana watched kids for me while I was gone, then took us out for lunch to Burger King.  The kids love special treats like this and then played on the jungle gym for over an hour to tire them out. :)
 I am not sure how Greta managed to bite a hole in the middle, but you can bet that nana had something to do with it.
 Henry's allergy shots are usually on a day when I have Norah and Greta too, so everyone gets to come along and get a sticker.
 We take over the waiting room :)

 Saturday morning pajama snuggles!
I did not take this picture of this owl, but we went for a hike in sanctuary woods on Sunday with the kids and we saw a barn owl!  It was so cool to watch it swoop and hunt for a mouse or something and then land on a tree, then pounce to the ground (it missed what it was hunting, probably because we were making too much noise) and back up to another tree.  It was so fun for the kids to see something like this while getting exercise and enjoying God's creation!
 I love to discover the kids snuggling with each other - even if they are doing screen time.
 We decided that since Henry is getting allergy shots, we should test Stella now too to see if she needs them so that we can do them at the same time (once a week and staying at the office for 30 minutes following a shot is not something that I want to have to start over and do again in a couple of years).
 Stella was a champ - the doctor said she did great with the testing and even thought Stella should consider being a doctor someday.  She had over 30 scratches on her back, then 12-15 on the first arm, and 2 on the second arm.
 She thought that the selfie would be better with bunny in it.  She is not allergic to any foods, but she has ALL of the respiratory allergies (dog, cat, dust mite, mold, grass, pollen, etc).  So she will be starting shots too.  She has 2 shots to Henry's 1, since she is bigger.  I am glad we are doing it now when they are young so that hopefully they will no longer be allergic to these things and not even need medication to deal with symptoms.
Allergy testing is hard work - Stella conked out on the way home.
 I found these papers on a clipboard in the basement.  'Docter' Leila was giving Norah a checkup.  She was checking Presher (blood pressure), Harte (heart), Body, Body, tharipy (therapy), and Hethy (healthy).
Docter Leila
Norah
Informashen (information)
What milk do you drink?
Do you have vitamins?
Do you have purne? (prunes?)
Do you have sweets a lot?
Do you do exersis? (exercise)

Kid Quotes:

Henry: Mom, why don't grown ups sleep with stuffed animals? Why?

Stella: mom, what's retiring?
Me: when you don't have to go to work anymore.
Stella: I want to be retiring.
Congrats to my dad who is retiring this year!

Stella: But mom, I don't want to have babies.
Me: How come?
Stella: Because then I'd have to make them lunch and get them stuff. That's too much work for me. I don't want to get married either. I just want to live with my real family. And go be a vet for a while, then come back.

Stella: I'm a soldier!
Henry: I'm a shoulder!

Henry was playing restaurant with the girls.
Henry: mom, do you want some catfish lemonade?
Me: no.
Henry: but you need something to drink.
Apparently thirst is a good enough reason to drink something called catfish lemonade.

No comments: