Sunday, March 27, 2016

St Patrick's Day to Easter

 Henry refused to nap, then fell asleep later while watching TV.
 We went to the St Patrick's Day parade downtown and found Leila's best friend from school - another Stella!
 St Patrick's Day parade is a candy parade - we went home with at least 3 pounds of candy.
 We also found the Easter bunny downtown.
 We went to the farm store to check out the chicks and ducks, but they only had ducks and bunnies.  Stella really wanted to go home with a bunny.
 Play doh time!

 Leila finally lost her other front tooth!  I pulled it because it was trying to make a move to the middle!
 We went out with Rod, Kerri, Ken, and Sue the day before my birthday and they got me a birthday cake!
 Henry and Greta wanted to make a train in the bathroom

 Leila's class at school had a bake sale to purchase an acre of rain forest for conservation.  Here she is manning the booth with Cam.
 They made the hallway look like a rain forest as well.
 Easter egg hunt at Nana & Papa's




 We found a duck on a nest under their deck...should be interesting when they hatch!






Kid Quotes:

Stella: Mom, I'm going to drive.
Me: Someday.
Stella: No, I'm pretending to drive. I don't want to be as big as a human. I don't want to drive for real.

(Accidentally push step stool into Stella's foot)
Me: I'm sorry, did I hit your ankle?
Stella: No, you hit this circle. (Points to ankle)

Lately Leila has been shortening words and giving them her own abbreviations, however, it usually takes some explaining, so it rarely saves time. Examples: App Sauce = Applesauce, Pape Towel = Paper Towel

(I interrupted Stella)
Stella: mom, you're bumping into my words!!

Stella: I can't wait until Easter mom! I am going to be the first one up. When you make the eggs, please please don't put any candy in mine!
(The dentist unit at preschool worked a little bit too well :)

I picked out a shirt for Henry to wear to church for Easter. He did not think it was appropriate for the holiday.
Henry: But mom! I want to wear a shirt with eggs on it!

No comments: