A few weeks ago Jer and Grandpa took the kids bowling while I was at If: Gathering with my mom and sisters.
We got a text with the picture of Stella going a bit too far into the lane and erupted in fits of giggles. Poor girl!These are my two errand buddies. We get asked almost everywhere we go if they are twins!
Kids watching iPad before bed.
"Mom, be quiet, I am calling Nana!"
Jer made a snowman on the last possible day with the kids. He was a bit rough, but we got one in for the year.
The next day it was 50 and windy and his hat and scarf blew away. We managed to find them back though!
On a family walk, going to the playground.
Sunday morning fun - the girls are making a mosaic.
Who has two fingers and wanted to wear a tie today? This guy!
Scooter Board Tutorial -
I pieced this together from two different tutorials - I liked the premade rounds that you can buy, but I wanted it to be cushioned for Stella's tummy. We use these for her PT/OT, but they are just tons of fun too! I made two to reduce fighting over the thing.
Materials:
2 - 15" round panel pine boards
2 sets of 4 castors
32 - 1" wood screws
2 - 2" poly foam sheets
1 yard heavy duty fabric
Next I needed to find the center of the circle. Like the math nerd that I am, I though it was so cool to make this work. Take a piece of paper (or anything you know has a 90 angle). Put one corner on the edge of the circle and mark the two points where it crosses the edge of the circle.
Connect the two points - this is the first diameter.
Repeat, this is the second diameter, and the center of the circle is where they intersect.
Next I drew a third diameter perpendicular to one of the first two diameters.
Then I put the castors each 1" from the edge of the board centering on the two perpendicular diameters.
I marked the castor screw holes, then predrilled holes for the screws.
Next I screwed them on.
This is what the underside should look like.
Here they are after the castors are on - you can use them like this, or do the finishing touch of padding and fabric.
I traced a circle around the wood onto the poly foam and then cut out with a scissors.
I eyeballed a large circle of fabric and cut, checking as I went that there was enough fabric to overlap the wood underside.
Next I stapled the fabric to the board, tucking the raw edge of the fabric under. I started with 4 staples equidistant from each other and then filled in as I went.
Stella was thrilled to pose for this picture with the new scooter boards. They are great for core strengthening and tons of fun :)
While I was working on stapling the scooter board together, Henry decided to get himself a snack.
He grabbed the glass 9x13" that had rice crispie treats and then took a stool to get out a bag of marshmallows.
He then got a kid scissors to open it up.
I let him have a few after all that hard work. :)
We went for a hike in Sanctuary Woods on a Sunday afternoon.
I wasn't sure how the kids would hold up, but they did great.
There are a LOT of stairs. and some of them had a lot of packed snow on them - they were almost a slide. It was a bit of a challenge on those, but otherwise ok.
The kids enjoyed a rest on the bench where they could see the lakes.
Jer and Henry ventured on and the girls stayed on the bench and took selfies.
It was a great afternoon!
Stella has been BEGGING me to let them paint.
Begging. I finally relented. It was a HUGE mess. But they used up all of the paint, so we won't have to do it again any time soon :)
A lazy Friday morning - checking the calendar and seeing if they can find any more hidden pictures.
Kid Quotes:
(Driving down 40th)
Henry: there's ice cream Wednesday!
Me: Captain Sundae?
Henry: yeah, Captain Sundae, can we go?
Henry: Mom, my oatmeal is really hot.
Me: Eat some cereal while you wait for it to cool.
Henry: Mom, I need a lot of things while I wait.
Me: Like what?
Henry: Like all the things in this house.
Stella: mom, when I turn 29, I want to go to McDonald's.
Stella: mom, I've been thinking, and I don't like sprinkles anymore.
Henry: Stella, but they're good for you.
Henry: mom, can we get a baby and a dog? Please?
Stella: I know everything pretty much.
Henry: Me too.
Leila: You're old mom.
I put on a fashion scarf this morning.
Henry: mom, what's that around your neck?
Me: a scarf.
Henry: scarfs are for snowmen.
No comments:
Post a Comment