Leila Grace is the oldest of the three. She makes sure they know she is the one in charge, the ringleader in their three man circus. You can count on Leila to know and enforce the rules of the house. She is like a little mama, even trying to get away with doling out punishments, or telling me what punishments I should be doling out.
After one year in full time school, Leila can read so much more than I ever imagined she would at this age. She sounds things out and forget about Jer and I spelling to each other as a secret language over the kids' heads, we are so busted. She has always been a smart girl, it is just amazing how much she has learned in the past year. Leila loves to sing songs and put on shows for us.
She tends to be quiet and overwhelmingly shy with new situations and people, but shows her true self to those who know her well. Leila is loving and generous, she found three pennies at a store the other day, decided she was rich, and told Jeremy she would pay for her bike repair with her own money. When that didn't cover it, she did give one to each of her siblings so that they each had something to put into their piggy banks.
Leila's favorite food is cereal, her best friend is Stella, and her favorite thing to do is play with water.
Stella Joy is up for anything. She is not shy and loves to try new things. She is gentle and loving with her siblings and cousins. She rarely starts a fight, but she makes sure to finish one if she is involved. She can throw a screaming tantrum with the best of them, but is most often very mild tempered.
Stella will try any food, and likes most of them...she likes salad and other things I don't even like. :) Stella still doesn't make it easy to take a good picture of her, I had to work really hard for these. She tends to either smile or look at the camera, so I just went with it.
Stella is most likely left handed, but has started to color pictures with her right hand, I can't decide if she is becoming ambidextrous or which handedness will stick.
Stella's favorite food is cake, her best friend is Norah, and her favorite thing to do is play barbies.
Henry Jay is a goofball. I love his belly laugh and do anything I can to hear it often. He thinks many things are silly they make him giggle. Lately he has been saying "My all done" or "My ready for breakfast," using "my" instead of "I'm." We have been working on using "I'm" instead, emphasizing the word so that he can learn it, and now he shouts "I'm" before saying "all done" or anything else. So stinkin' cute.
He loves to play trains, watch TV, copy his sisters, and do puzzles. He still struggles with his food allergies and skin reactions. It has improved as we eliminated foods and scents, but he still has unexplained episodes quite regularly. Henry loves fuzzies. He looks for them everywhere and likes to pick them up. He then proceeds to put them on his skin and scratch them in. I do not understand this obsession, but it is particularly bad overnight, because the picks away the outer cotton layer of his diaper and we end up with a bed full of cotton fuzzies.
Henry is very mild tempered, happy most of the time except when he is having reactions. He is a mama's boy still, wanting my attention any chance he can get, and being carried around by me is even better. He gets jealous when other kids have my attention, but I think this is pretty typical for his age and will fade. He is a tough guy - he is not slowed down much when he gets hurt. He loves to show off his super man muscles.
Henry's favorite food is pretzels, his best friend is nana, and his favorite thing to do is ride his bike.
I could not have asked for better children, I love them so much. What a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment