Monday, June 22, 2015

More Birthdays

We decided to give Henry a buzz cut for the summer.
I couldn't resist giving him a bald old man haircut first.
He liked it but kept saying his hair was dirty because it felt different. :)
This Sunday we went to my parents for lunch to celebrate our two girls' birthdays and Paige's half birthday, and Father's day.
 Mom took the kids down to the pond to feed the fish.  Leila stayed pretty far back, this was as close to the water as she got.
Using the net, they caught and released quite a few fish!










Blowing out candles we went youngest to oldest.
Paige had quite a wish and took her time before blowing out the candles.
Leila took two blows, but got them out.
This is the four layer birthday cake - the tradition was started by my gramma and continues on.
Dad always ate his cake this way when his mom made it, and hasn't stopped.  The frosting is the best part.

Kid Quotes:

Leila: When grandpa was looking for a present, I told him plain paper so I could make art.  I am an artist.

When we watched my sister's dog, Acey:
Henry: Can I ride on him?
me: No, you are bigger than him.
Henry: I'm bigger than Leila?
me: Probably someday.
Henry: Grow big and strong (shows muscles). I want to be a giant! Fee fi fo fum Englishman! (stomping)

(Acey whimpers while kids are watching TV)
Stella: It's ok Acey, the dragon's nice!

Packing for camping:
Leila: For sure no jeans, and no shorts. Just skirts and shirts, skirts and shirts, skirts and shirts.
Stella: Mom, whatever you want to bring for me will be fine.

Stella: I had a dream that a horse took my toothbrush.

Stella: mom has to stay home with the kids today because otherwise we'd be lonely.

Stella: I like going potty because when you are done you get to wash your hands.

At breakfast
Me: do you want syrup with your waffles?
Henry: I want potato chips
Me: no, we don't have potato chips for breakfast.
Henry: why?

Stella: mom, my cereal is too soaky to eat!
Me: soggy?

(Stella yawns)
Stella: mom I was yawning because I'm not tired.

I put Henry on my shoulders for part of a parade. After a few minutes of being down...
Henry: I want to sit on your head again.

Driving home from the air show, I gave the kids a snack in the car. Henry hands me his cup of water.
Henry: I need some ice.
Me: I do not have ice in the car.
later...
Henry: Mama, I need water in my squirt gun.
me: No, not in the car.
Henry: Why?

No comments: