The other morning Henry was scratching his legs and I asked him what he was doing. He said, "Scratching my butt." :)
The girls decided we hadn't gotten all of the toys out and put them in a pile lately.
Or something like that, I am not sure what this game was.
Henry was playing independently with his trains,
until he heard about the pile of toys in the living room. Maybe it was a school? I think Leila was going to teach a lesson.
Great Grandma Dort & Stella
On Palm Sunday we celebrated Norah and Henry's birthdays with my family...yes, Henry's birthday was in January.
Henry blew out the candles!
I already regret starting this...Henry is standing on a barstool so he can see what snacks he has to choose from.
Leila had so much fun at school playing with slime she asked if we could make some at home.
It is just food coloring, water, and cornstarch, but the kids had a ton of fun making a mess!
Stella helped me make brownies and got to lick the bowl and spatula.
We are starting to grow out her bangs, so it is a constant battle to keep them clipped out of her eyes.
Henry helped make some rice crispie treats, so he got the honor of cleaning out the bowl.
We needed to do something fun with the kids during spring break, so we went to the zoo!
Stella liked these turtles.
Can you see the two caimans behind Henry? They were very still.
Leila plugged her nose whenever we were inside and ran away from me so that I couldn't take her picture, but I managed to get one.
Henry enjoyed taking shoulder rides.
We got to hear the lion roaring, it was really neat.
Henry's favorite was the tigers, they kept pacing past the viewing window, I don't know if I have ever seen some so close before.
Leila wanted nothing to do with getting up close by the tigers.
She made sure to stay close to us so that they couldn't sneak up on her.
There was an overlook by the funicular that had a nice view of the Grand Rapids skyline - I think we blocked most of it, but it was cool to see.
Henry also loved the brown bear. He did not want to leave that exhibit.
The bald eagles were cool too - they are so big! I just feel bad about how small their enclosure is.
Quoteable quotes:
Stella: mom can we play in the water table today? It seems warm.
(the High was 45°)
Leila: Why did the sheep cross the road?
Me: Why?
Leila: To get to the baaaaa-throom!
Stella: Why did the horse cross the road?
Me: Why?
Stella: To get to the library!
(I don't get it either)
From the other room
Henry: mom I need you!
I come near him.
Me: what do you need?
Henry: mom. I need you.
After I told Henry we were going to the zoo this morning:
Henry: will we see animals?
Me: yes
Henry: will we see birds?
Me: yes
Henry: will we see Jesus?
(The last time we saw a bunch of animals was at critter barn's nativity)
Leila: I learned in science that UPS is part of our state but up higher.
Me: do you mean the UP?
No comments:
Post a Comment