Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dutch Pastimes

With Tulip Time coming up, the local high school band practices by marching past our house a couple of times a week during breakfast.  It is always a well attended parade at our house, and whoever finds their cousin Luke first is of course the winner.
Today was community day at Dutch Village so we made a morning of it, going to Russ' for breakfast with friends and then to Dutch Village.
Stella is still a bit slow with these hand powered cars, and wanted to get out before she was done, but made it to the finish.
Henry desperately wanted to ride them since they look like trains, but he was too small.
Ellery did great too,
even though she had to wait for Stella.
I thought I had taken the perfect picture of Stella, her smile was great...then I saw her eyes were closed.
Leila still loves the carousel too.
Henry loved it too.  He announced which horse he was going to ride again and again...it was hard to choose.
The girls and I braved the Ferris Wheel.
Stella and Henry held the bunnies, this one bit Reid a minute after this picture was taken.
I missed this, but Stella got to chase a pig around...I did not know that was a thing.  I am glad Jer got a picture!
Stella, Henry, and I did a Dutch Dance to finish out the morning.  It was freezing!  I look forward to going back on a nicer day this summer.

No comments: