Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Older and Wiser?

This morning I was helping Leila get ready and put some barrettes in her hair.  She said, "Mom, they're not in their perfect places, let me do it."  I am happy that she is being more independent and brushing her own hair and teeth, she is getting so grown up!

Although the logic isn't always there.  The other night she and Stella made a nest of pillows in the living room and yelled to me in the bathroom where I was finishing up Henry's bath.
L: Mom, come see - Leila is sleeping!
S: So is Stella!
Me: I will be there in a minute.
(when I get there, Stella is standing up, forgetting that she is supposed to pretend to be asleep, so she quickly lays down and closes her eyes)
L: Leila already fell asleep, she is too tired to clean up.
S: We should sleep here tonight.

Here is Henry playing with the hair dryer.  Soon after this picture was taken, it was close to going into the toilet, along with a lot of other things that have made narrow escapes lately.  I have to watch this boy closely!

No comments: