Leila is getting older and starting to play real games with us, and she is pretty good!
Henry noticed his pacifier hanging there from his coat and decided he needed a hit.
He loves to brush his teeth, but doesn't like to have help. He will even move the stool and hop on up there.
Here we are almost ready for church, having a picnic on the fireplace.
The girls were quietly reading back here, Stella called it their "trap."
I love seeing the girls play together on their own.
Stella holding her new cousin Greta!
Leila too!
I think I goofed and showed a preview of the new mantle up above, but Ken helped us mount our new TV to the fireplace and suggested swapping out our old mantle and building a new one.
He came by a few times over the course of a week to help. We had Ken and Sue over for supper one night and they even helped with bedtime stories :)
Here is the semi-finished product, now we just need to sand and stain it, whenever we find some time!The girls had fun making homemade valentine cards. Leila made one for each of the friends in her class and even wrote all of their names on their cards after crossing them off the list I made. She drew what she always draws - pancakes with syrup and a knife and butter. On each and every one. Even the ones for grandparents, too funny!
The other night it wasn't too cold, so we took the kids for a sled ride around the neighborhood. Henry really liked it, he was oohing and ahhing along.
On the way we stopped at Nana & Papa's house to make snow angels in their yard.
On the way back home Leila wanted to pull Henry and Stella "pulled" Jer too.
Breakfast, as will all meals around here, is never dull. This day Henry was stacking cereal on his cup instead of eating it.
Once I took his picture, the girls needed me to take their as well.
I have been writing down a few of the funny conversations or things the girls say again.
S: I won't say baby words, just mama words (we have been working on getting rid of baby talk)
S: He is much happier now (after apologizing to Jer)
S: I want to be as tall as Goliath! Thud thud thud (sound effects for her walk)
S: (waving a wand) ...and the fairy princess cried when I stoleded her wand...
S: Papa you're not in charge! (after he told her what to do when he was over for supper the other night)
L: I don't need a banana, I am having Fruity Pebbles as my fruit
L to S: Here you go ma'am, did you hear that I called you ma'am? I like to call girls ma'am cuz that's what they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment