Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rascalling

Those cookie dough scoops sure get a workout around here.  Henry is constantly pulling them out of the drawer and walking around with them.
 
This time he made a deposit, adding a book to the utensil drawer, how helpful.
We were recording some home movies the other Sunday night and I saw Stella with a short haircut and convinced Jer to let me cut her hair the next morning.  What I did not anticipate was her reaction.
She looked at herself and did not like it.  She asked when Stella's hair was coming back and said she had boy hair.  Oh my!  I felt just awful.  She looks super cute though and has gotten used to it.
Here are four of the kids snuggled up reading books.
Henry loves to play with laundry baskets.  Climbing in them, pushing them, putting things into them.  When something is lost, it is likely that he has put it into a basket.
Riding in them is also fun!
Henry got himself stuck in the bath ring I took out of the tub.
He is obsessed with the vacuum.  If it is going in another room, he has to go over there and check it out.
And get as close as he can.
And touch it if possible.
We have gotten TONS of snow lately!  The drift on our deck is almost as tall as Stella!
Henry is thinking about being a musician.
We made some play doh for Leila's class - February's color is pink.  The girls loved making it and playing with it.
The other night we were playing with the kids in the family room and started playing catch with a ball.  Leila was throwing to Jer and I was trying to steal it or knock it away so that he couldn't get it.  We were having fun with it and started wrestling the ball away from one another.  Leila told us to stop "rascalling."  I couldn't stop laughing!
It is hard to see, but I was trying to do some dishes and had Henry and Stella pulling on my legs and Leila came over to ask questions too, so I had Jer take a picture, but it was hard to get one with everyone in it.  That is just the stage of life we are in right now...it seems like the kids always need us for something.  I am sure we will miss it someday, but at times it can be overwhelming.
Stella is a great eater, she will eat pretty much anything we give her without complaint.  She will help to finish Henry's food sometimes too!
Stuck again.

No comments: