Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Henry's Birthday

You never know what is going on when the kids are being "too quiet" - that eerie feeling you have when you don't hear any fighting or trouble going on, but you know something must be up.  This particular time, Leila accessorized the snowman they got from Nana for Christmas while Stella was running water, probably washing her hands. 

Today I made lunch for Henry and the girls - separate meals, pancakes for Henry, then grilled cheese for the girls - which was kind of labor intensive, so I was happy that the girls didn't need me (Henry was getting started in the high chair) but was a bit suspicious of what they were doing so quietly.  I decided that the quiet was worth it, and I would check on them after lunch was almost ready.  When I went to their room, I found that they had been snuggled under the covers in Stella's bed, and Leila was reading books to her sister.  How sweet! 
After bath, snuggled into their jammies, I got an obligatory lined up on the couch photo.  I love that the girls wear their slippers over the footed pajamas.
 Henry loves things that make noise.  He tried to ride the vacuum.
 Stella has been accessorizing her outfits lately with her new hello kitty necklace and backpack and star headband (and of course bunny!)
The camera did not want to cooperate with me to get a picture of Henry high in the air, but he seems to love being thrown as much as the girls do.

We celebrated Henry's birthday with Jer's side the other night during the Rose Bowl.
He impressed everyone with his walking skills.
And enjoyed a few rounds of "horsey ride"
Henry loves looking out the windows in the living room now that the tree is down and he can walk back there.
The kids love to play with Grandma and Grandpa when they come to watch them on Friday mornings.
Leila wants to push Henry around in his dump truck every chance she gets.  He enjoys it too!
The girls got matching sequined shirts with tutus built in from Nana & Papa for Christmas and wear them as soon as they are back from being washed.
Some of the settings on my camera were funny, but I couldn't bear to delete this picture even though it is blurry.  I love how close the girls are!
 HENRY IS ONE!!  The birthday boy walks everywhere now!  We are getting less and less of these Frankenstein arms and more and more he just goes where he wants.
The girls decided that we needed to wear crowns to celebrate Henry's birthday, but he refused to keep his on.
I made this picture too close, but he is just walking around with his bottle of almond milk.  He was in need of a hair cut, since Jer thought his style was starting to look a bit Amish :)
We strapped him into a booster seat on the kitchen floor and Jer tried to keep his attention while I buzzed off his long hair.
He did ok sitting still but really wanted to hold the clipper - anything noisy is very interesting to this little guy!
This morning after his bath I spiked it up a little, I am happy with how it turned out, he just looks so different!  Probably it is that he is walking too, but he looks so much older to me today!

No comments: