Saturday, October 12, 2013

Siblings


I love that my children are so close together in age.

They can play together and will have each other to lean on throughout their growing up years and lifetimes.

At times it is challenging and they don't always play together nicely, but that is part of learning to deal with other people and realizing that you are not the center of the universe.

Leila is thriving at preschool.  I knew she would love it there and she really does.  She likes all of the art projects and playing with her friends and learning songs and reading and really everything about it.

She even "reads" to Stella.  It is fun to hear what she remembers of the actual words on the pages.

The other morning, Henry lost a sock.
A: Leila, do you see Henry's sock?
L: No, I don't.
S: (holding up a block) He can have this one if he wants.
 I love how helpful Stella is being even though she misheard the question.

Driving home from my sister's house the other day, listening to Stella in the car:
S: (singing) Spirit I adore you (sounds like SPEEEE-wit I a-DOOOOOR you)
Spirit I adore you
(switches to talking)
Once upon a time there was a princess.
And a flower.
The end.
(back to singing)
Spirit I adore you...

Jeremy took a trip to Florida and Georgia for work last week and it was a lot of together time for me and the kids.  Which was great, and exhausting.

Stella told everyone we came across that dada had gone on a plane and that he was in Florida and Georgia.  The kids loved to be able to Facetime Jer every night and still do the same bedtime routine.

Togetherness can only last so long, right?
 

Henry has two teeth coming in and I am REALLY sick of teething.  He is a pretty cranky kid as it is, and this just puts him over the edge.  We are having him tested for food allergies, maybe his disposition will improve if we eliminate something that he is allergic to, however I am hoping that he isn't so that he doesn't have to deal with a food allergy (me either).
 

No comments: