I had prepared myself for Henry's blood test to come back with an allergy. I was not prepared for it to come back with four. He is allergic to milk, wheat, egg, and peanuts. Since I am still nursing him, I also need to eliminate these from my diet until he is weaned (or switch him to an allergy free formula). I am glad that he won't remember how good cheese or ice cream or bread taste and wish he could still have them. I am hoping that removing these foods from his diet will keep him healthy and happy and that he will eventually grow out of the milk, wheat, and egg allergies (peanut is typically a lifelong allergy). To make it worse, Henry has been dealing with a fever the last couple of days, below he cried himself to sleep on the floor while I got food for the other 5 kids to eat for lunch.
It is really cute, but makes me feel bad that I didn't realize sleep was what he needed before he fell asleep.
He has been doing a lot of snuggling and sleeping, which almost makes up for the uncontrollable crying that comes with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment