Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stella-isms


The other night when we were picking the kids up from my parents' house, Jer was buckling Stella into her carseat and having a hard time because Stella was not cooperating.  Then I hear her say, "Stella being stinker."  And I tried really hard not to laugh out loud and encourage her, because she was being a stinker and she knew it, I thought that was pretty funny...not as funny to Jer who was still struggling to get her buckled because she wouldn't sit still!

Stella has been saying "mine" a lot lately - "Mama, look at mine finger."  This has been a mealtime staple lately, there is either yogurt or applesauce or pasta sauce on her finger and she tells me, dips, tells me again, dips, tells me again (repeat at least 100 times). 

This has gotten my grammar police tendency in an uproar.  But the more I work with her on it, she thinks we are having an argument:
S: Look at mine finger
A: Look at MY finger
S: Look at MINE finger
A: I am looking at your finger, say look at MY finger
S: LOOK AT MINE FINGER!

So I decided to try a different tack and bring it up at another time.
A: Say my pants
S: Your pants
A: I give up :)

No comments: