This unicorn has a horn. This unicorn has a tummy.
This unicorn has a back.
We finished returning cans.
Stella: Can I get the receipt?
Me: Sure.
(Stella throws receipt away)
Last year when I went to Florida with my sisters I got each of the kids a balloon, so we continued the tradition this year and I let them choose their own. Henry chose a Happy Birthday balloon because he liked the emojis. It was also crazy hair day at school.
Above was Super Bowl Sunday 5 years ago and we had the kids recreate it on Super Bowl Sunday this year too.
My sisters and I went to Fort Lauderdale, Florida again this year.
We even went to Saint Pius X and played bingo!
This guy kept staring and Lindsey and I. It turned out the bingo board was behind us. :)
The weather was beautiful and it was so relaxing!
Then we came home to very cold weather!
We went out on the icebergs at the beach.
The kids have also enjoyed sledding at the snow piles by Providence.
A day off from school started off with these signs popping up on the kids' bedroom doors.
So I called up my dad and we took them sledding at Van Raalte Farms.
Papa is taking us back to Disney World! Stella was the first to read the cake and understand what was coming.
Jer was invited to go see Mamma Mia through work.
We enjoyed our night out!
The kids had a great time at the school Fun Night.
Henry won a sack race!
The next day Stella and her friend Eleanor recreated the games and prizes in the living room.
(Pushing out his belly)
Look mama, the monster is fat!
Henry packed this party blower in his coat “just in case” we celebrated someone’s birthday.
There is something about allergy appointments in East Grand Rapids - he always falls asleep on the way home!
The girls both got first place in their grades at the pinewood derby at church this year!
Stella is the only girl in her grade, so she figured out that she will always get a trophy and started saying it with an evil laugh on the way home.
Leila was very excited to earn her first trophy and to have been the 3rd fastest car overall.
Leila had a friend over for a play date and they decided to make dirt dessert.
(Reading with Henry)
Henry: I didn’t know zebras ate snakes!!
The kids had fun eating in the family room for March Madness.
During Spring Break I took the kids to the Grand Rapids Children's Museum.
They had the most fun with the bubbles!
We left and then I realized that I had lost my phone so we had to go back in and look for it! Luckily a woman was just picking it up to investigate when we got back to that area.
The first nice day in the 50's the kids insisted on coloring outside.
Henry: Mom, does Q-R-P spell crap?
Leila made me a lego message. :)
I went with Stella's class on a field trip to the Police Department.
Our last GEMS craft was sewing owl pillows.
We had a beautiful Saturday followed by heavy snow on Sunday. It was especially beautiful, knowing that it would be gone in a day or two.
Stella and Henry made one last snowman.
Monday morning the sun came out and there were blue skies. It was so beautiful in the trees! And then melted off by noon.
Kid Quotes:
Stella: Mom, I’m pretty sure that when I’m a mom, you’ll have those crinkles on your forehead.
(looking at a quarter)
Stella: Wow, this is really old!
Me: What year is it?
Stella: 2014!
(Cutting Henry’s toenails)
Henry: Owww! ... Mom, I bet that’s how baby wolves learn how to howl. Their mamas cut their toenails and they say oowwwwoooooo!!
Stella: Is this a zit on my face or a crumb? Cause I can move it around.




No comments:
Post a Comment