I decided that I wanted to make a gallery wall, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money. I decided to go to some thrift stores for some frames. I bought all of these in one day, and even found a shelf for something different as part of the wall.
I used two cans of satin black spray paint to make them all the same color. Then I traced tissue paper in the shape of each frame and used painter's tape to place them on the wall to decide on a layout.My first attempt did not pass muster, so I tried again.
After I decided that I liked the arrangement, I hammered in the nails. When I traced the frames onto the tissue paper, I marked the nail placement, so it went really quickly.
Then I hung all of the frames and it stayed like this for a while until I could decide which pictures I wanted to print and what layouts I wanted in each frame. To save money I didn't buy mats, I just used poster board behind the pictures and then meticulously measured and remeasured to make sure everything was parallel and perpendicular the way it needed to be.
I am so glad to be finally done with this project! It took me five weeks, and I spent about $80 on the whole project including pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment