Wednesday, June 15, 2016

End of School

 Leila's first grade class
 Writing celebration - we were invited to come and Leila read us a bunch of poems and we could look through her other writing as well.
 Virginia Park - the kids try to get this teeter totter thing to work, but it has dirt or sand in it and it is not a smooth sliding ride.
 The kids always love spinning and swinging on the tire swing.

 I got to go with Leila's class on their fieldtrip to the St. Joseph Children's Museum.






 This is what it would be like if Leila were identical sextuplets.
 We even stopped for ice cream!
 Nana reading to the kids before we picked up Leila on her last day.
 She loved her two teachers this year!

 We went to Crazy Bounce for the girls' birthdays - Lin and Rich are seeing who can get their bungee cord to stretch the farthest.

 Now it is Jer and my turn!
 It was lots of fun but got hot quickly!







 We went for another walk in sanctuary woods and saw another barred owl, this time the young one and it even had a hooting conversation with Stella.

 On my first day with 5 kids Leila made a fort for everyone.

 We went to a Whitecaps game with Jenna that Leila had earned some tickets by reading.  Stella is holding a really long bag of popcorn...we managed to eat it all!


 Red took Henry's hat - at least she gave it back.


Henry really wanted to see this pig, until we got close.


Kid Quotes:

Henry: Mom, I want to brush my teeth all by myself. With nobody helping me except you.

Stella: mom and dad are experts because they know everything.
Leila: well not everything.
Stella: but pretty much everything.

Henry: mom my tummy says it's hungry and I say that too.

Me: Henry it's too hot for pants today.
Henry: Then I want to wear cold pants.

(I am standing on the bathroom scale)
Henry: Why are you weighing the pounds?

Talking to Stella after she kicked Henry
Stella: But Henry made me do it.
Me: No, you are in charge of your body and your actions.
Stella: But I couldn't HEAR myself when I was in charge! (dissolves into a puddle on the floor)

No comments: