Cran Hill Ranch
My parents took my sisters and I and our kids minus Reid camping at Cran Hill Ranch.It had rained the day we came on site, but afterward the weather was clear and hot!
The first night Kari, Lindsey, and I wanted to play a game, but we couldn't find a lamp. We decided to try the back of Lindsey's van...it was a bit tight, and we ended up moving after about 10 minutes.
Nana brought a ton of water balloons, and the kids used up quite a few!
The kids each got to ride a horse twice.
When we got home from camping, Leila spent 18 minutes typing this email to Jenna:
I just really want to say hi!I got home from cran hill ranch ! it was so much fun! we did so many things!at one point i thought that i was lost but i am ok!I just can not pick what to tell you about! just saying hello! bye! see you soon!
Stella
Henry
Papa went on the slip n slide with Norah and Stella
Stella had so much fun and went again and again!
However she did not master speed, as you can see when this boy passed her...
Kari and Lindsey talked me into doing the rock climbing wall. I had never done it before and they thought I should do the medium difficulty side like them.
I went along with it although I should have tried easy first. I made it about 2/3 of the way up and had to quit.
The instructor let me do the easy wall right after **I should have taken a break in between** and I made it about 2/3 of the way up that side too before my muscles screamed at me to give up. I couldn't even unbuckle my helmet when I was done because my arm muscles were so tired!!
Fire Pit
On Father's day after I got back from camping with the kids, Jer got a text from Rod asking if he wanted to help at Jenna's putting in a fire pit. Jer loves doing things like that, so he packed up a couple of tools even though Rod said they wouldn't need any and we headed over.Jer dug it out and leveled the stones and convinced them to buy some glue to make it a more permanent structure. He put it together while we all watched :)
Stella trying out my sunglasses
Each of the kids wanted a pic with the final product.
Bowling
Misti and I took our kids bowling after she gave Leila a haircut.
When we told them to smile, Henry and Ella started laughing and jumping up and down.
Thankfully Misti managed to get a good shot. :)
Stella's balls took over a minute to make it to the pins when she didn't use the ramp...she would come back and sit down and I would wonder who's turn it was, then notice the ball still slowly going down the lane.
Boat Ride
Ken and Sue took us for a boat ride on Lake Michigan.
Ken showed the kids what all of the buttons do (and the kids made sure to push them all)
Leila did not want a pony tail for her hair...
Ken dipped the kids' toes in the water so that they could test the temperature.
We even fed some ducks.



No comments:
Post a Comment