Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Biggest Mess

A few weeks ago the kids were all taking turns being sick with a fever.
Grandpa and Grandma came over to hang out with the kids for a bit while Jeremy and I ran some errands or something, I can't remember what we did.
Maybe out for dinner.  It was a nice break.
This past Saturday Jer and I were cleaning the house.
The kids took most of the pillows and started a jumping game.
They were playing independently and quietly in the girls room.
We thought that was so great and proceeded to ignore them and clean since they were playing so nicely.  This is always a mistake.  When children are quiet and unsupervised, you never know what will happen.
Henry came out to play iPad and Jer helped him learn a new game.
Meanwhile the girls took every single article of clothing that they own out of the closet and their drawers and made a big pile.
So big that at first we could not get the door open.
It took the girls 2 hours and lots of tears to clean up the mess.
Henry had a great nap.

Quotable quotes:

Stella: if you eat breakfast with no clothes on you might pee on your chair.

Looking at a book
Stella: there's the red nosed reindeer.
Aunt Kari: what is his name?
Stella: red nose.

Leila: it smells like static in here.
Me: what does static smell like?
Leila shrugs.

Stella: if one of my eyes went away, I couldn't see.

Henry to Greta as she hits his train with her doll: don't tickle my train!

Stella: soap doesn't taste good in your mouth.

Sitting at the dinner table...
Stella: mom something smells disgusting!
Me: what?
Stella: I tooted! (giggles)

Stella falls spectacularly in a twirl over the bed.
Stella: that was not a trick I tried to do.

No comments: