We have been having more and more pajama days around here.
If there is no where to go, why bother getting dressed?
The girls love to read the Biscuit books.
What a handsome man I married.
Henry is in a post allergy tantrum benadryl snooze.
Stella wanted her picture taken with Anna and Elsa.
Henry is repurposing this toilet paper tube as a telescope.
Or a megaphone.
This is what happens if I set the kids up with a snack and try to do some work from home. Henry finished his bowl of popcorn and grabbed the large bag I left on the counter in case he needed more and dumped the entire thing on the floor.
Later on this snow day the kids had a tea party with their bears.
And the quoteable things our kids say...
Stella: mom are you sure I'm not going to grow into a baby again?
Jenna: what did you do in gymnastics today?
Leila: oh, did some somersaults, balanced on some beans...
Stella: mom, when I was a baby I talked like a baby, right?
Me: yep.
Stella: I said, (high voice) "mama can I please have something to eat?"
Apparently babies say regular things but in high voices.
Leila is starting to read and was checking out the baby lotion.
Leila: Boobies. Boobies?
Me: Babies.
The girls are at Sunday School and Henry is enjoying a leisurely snack.
Henry: it's too quiet mama.
Driving home...
Stella: when I'm a grown up I can drive too.
Me: yep, only 13 more years.
Stella: aw...I wish it were 2 weeks. I am going to pretend it is just two weeks. I can't wait!
Stella: camels have no ears.
Stella is on the potty and Leila is lecturing her about the importance of hand washing.
Stella: wouldn't it be funny if cars had toilets?
Leila: Stella, there will be no interruptions! (angry voice)
Resumes lecture.
Henry: (crying) there's snow on my boot!
Stella: you will miss me if you flush me down the toilet.
Stella: mom, are cheese curls a fruit?
Three times over the last few days Stella has found an empty pez dispenser and eaten pretend candy. She offers me some but always "runs out" as soon as Henry wants some.
Stella: I just love these puppies Nana got me for Christmas. I don't want Henry to play with them and I don't want him to rip them with his strong muscle power.
No comments:
Post a Comment