Thursday, May 8, 2014

Time to Tiptoe Through The Tulips!!

 Leila had a field trip to Teusink Pony Farm.  I can hardly believe her first year of school is almost over.
 Jer got to go along this time.
 This is probably the closest she got to petting the animals.
 She did enjoy riding the horses though.  Her favorite part was when the horses had potty breaks - that was a lot of pee!
 We took the kids to Community Day at Dutch Village.
 It was busy but we got to do everything that we wanted to do.
 The girls love the carousel.
 We also did the swings this time.  They were finishing up building the Ferris wheel, but it was not running yet.
 Stella got to hold a bunny, she loved how soft it was.
 The girls went down the slide as many times as possible
 before it was time to go.
I managed to find a costume for Leila at a garage sale this past summer, they are a touch big on both girls, so they should fit great next year too.
Last Saturday I ran the Tulip Time 5k and Jer ran the 10k.  It rained a bit in between races, so grandpa was nice enough to sit with the kids at our house so that they weren't cold and wet and bored while Jer finished his race.
More fun quotes...

Stella: mama, shh! In the library you need to be quiet because there are monsters.

Stella: I didn't like Norah's breath and she didn't like mine.
I told the kids that critter barn was bringing some animals to church for the kids to see and pet.
Leila: will there be a bull?
Me: Henry needs adult supervision
Leila: Like you, dad, nana, or papa, but not a bad guy or a witch, right?
Playing I Spy at lunch, Stella's turn:
Stella: I spy something purple
Norah: What is it?
Stella: Paige's plate. Yep, you guessed it, good job Nor.
She might have some practicing to do
Leila: Mama, I'm your favorite, so you have to stop tickling me.
Grandma got a Dutch costume this year and asked if the girls would want to ride on the Ditto float with her, they of course were very excited!
We skipped Stella's nap to let her be in the parade, so we told grandma to pack candy just in case!  I think that the excitement of riding on the float was enough.
Leila was so excited to ride on the float, she was counting down the days.  As she reflected on it, she said, "So, I pretty much get to see all the kids in town" because they would be watching the parade.  
As we were getting close to downtown to start, Stella was getting nervous, she did not want to do it anymore.  She said, "I don't want to fly away with Leila and Grandma."  How do you explain to an almost 3 year old that just because it is called a float does not mean it actually floats?
After they were done on the float, the girls were able to come sit with us and watch the rest of the parade.  They love to watch the bands!

No comments: