Here the girls have made another "nest" to play in and are actually reading quietly to themselves!
Leila woke up at 3AM the other day to go to the bathroom. As I tucked her back into bed
L: this is my right hand and this is my left, right?
She was correct and I told her so...such a weird thing to worry about in the middle of the night!
I think it is funny when kids say things incorrectly because they mishear us. I correct them, but still think that they are funny! A few from Leila:
L: Can I have two orioles for dessert? (Oreos)
L: I hear my sister's cereal, they go "crap, snackle, pop" (snap, crackle, pop)
L: I want the Cocoa Petals! (Cocoa Pebbles cereal)
L: Dada, can I help you husher? (Jer was ushering at church)
Here Stella is crying because I gave her apples covered in cool whip and mixed with snickers bars as her "fruit" serving. How dare I?
In the car the other day I was talking to Jer and I hear from the back
S: Mommy I have an idea.
A: (still talking to Jer)
S: Mommy I have an idea.
A: What?
S: I don't know.
Another one that Stella mispronounces...
Every time we see water fountains I point them out to the girls because they love them, and because it is fun to hear Stella call them "water mountains."
The other morning during a cold snap
S: I wanna wear a dress.
A: It is too cool today, I think we will wear pants.
S: Can I wear a shirt?
A: Yes, you can wear a shirt too.
No comments:
Post a Comment