Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trucks, Banana Bread, and more Swing Set


I've got to say I think there is something to the whole boys and trucks thing. I bought this set of trucks for Leila, thinking she would like them too, but she was not interested in them at all.  I think that I forgot to get them out for Stella at this age, and I must say she is kind of interested in them now, but Henry really took to playing with cars right away.

Leila is already passing on the baking knowledge I am imparting, she helped Stella stir the banana bread batter.

More conversations with the girls worth remembering:

A: Are you putting on lipstick?
S: No, it's makeup.  I'm gonna eat it.

S: Leila is special.
A: Stella is special too.
S: No, I'm Stella Joy, leave me alone.

S: I'm a princess, you be the witch.
A: ok.
S: Will you be my friend?

J: I love your pigtails.
L: What about my headband?

J: What time is it?
A: 10 to.
J: Ok, 10 to 6?
L: No, she said it's 10 to!


We love going for lunch with Duie to Russ'!

This past Saturday Jer attached the upper railing and the canopy bar along with installing the swings.  We also now have sand in the sandbox, which the neighborhood cat has found, so we need to get a cover ASAP.

Henry hung out with me in the shade and we assisted with the swing installation.

They are up!  I am so glad to have this in the backyard, they kids are already using it daily.  Leila is already learning how to use the big swing and to pump her legs to swing herself!

Lately the girls have been reading themselves to sleep.  We haven't told them not to, but are pretty much pretending we don't know about it (even though I pick up all the books every night before going to bed).  This night Stella fell asleep reading.

Henry is starting to eat more baby food, and he is really getting into it - with his hands.  Ugh, he is a messy eater!  He manages to smear it everywhere.

No comments: