Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beans


Leila has not been eating all of her food lately, claiming to have an upset stomach, so we have been saving things for her to eat from meal to meal so that she does not actually get out of eating them so that she will hopefully grow out of this.  So at lunch today she chose not to finish her beans, and was informed that before she could have anything else to eat, she would need to eat the beans.  She chose not to eat the beans and not to have a snack.  She was helping me put sprinkles on some cookies that I made and some extra sprinkles made it onto the counter.  I went into the other room to check on Stella, and when I came back, she was chewing.  I asked her what she was eating, and with a straight face she said, "Beans."  I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing.  I knew she was lying to me, she knew she was lying to me, and we both laughed.  She still hasn't eaten those beans.

No comments: