Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stella's Hips

I once hoped that my thighs would be big enough for childbirth...only to discover that the hips are what need to be big. Our Stella has hip dysplasia - her hip sockets are shallow, and this brace is going to deepen them so that she will not develop arthritis as a teenager. She has to wear it 23 hours a day for 8 weeks. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, she is still full of joy! :)

I decided to get crafty...this way the harness doesn't look so sterile...I sewed on some ribbon to make it a bit girly.

1 comment:

Mrs. Brace said...

Jeremy and Abby, believe it our not I had that SAME thing when I was a baby! I wore a contraption that was similar (a bar went between my legs). I'm thankful today that they caught it and my hips have been fine... 44 years later!! My older brothers do have some stories to tell tho'... they say they used to carry me around by that bar and use me as a base in baseball!! (You can be thankful she doesn't have any brothers to play on her handicap at the moment!!)