We packed our Labor Day weekend with as much fun stuff as we could. Usually we brainstorm things we want to do on a holiday weekend and do one or two of them, this time we did all of them. After the zoo and out to eat on Saturday, we had lunch with my parents and grandma Dort on Sunday, then papa took the kids out on their paddle boat.
After naps we packed a picnic supper and headed to the airport to watch the planes take off and land.We even found a way to listen to the airport radio chatter on Jer's phone.
Monday morning brought the traditional breakfast with Jeremy's family at the Shoe.
After breakfast we went to watch the truck parade.
Stella found a dandelion to put in her hair.
After the parade we headed to Zeeland's splash pad.
I was worried that it would be packed since people would be downtown for the truck parade,
but there were only two other groups there with us
Kid Quotes
Me: stop lolly gagging.
Leila: (yelling) I am not lolly gagging!
(pause)
Leila: what is lolly gagging?
Henry: when can I drive a trash can?
Me: do you mean a garbage truck?
Henry: yeah, when can I?
Me: maybe someday if it's your job.
Henry: where's my hat? Do I get a hat?
No comments:
Post a Comment