Thursday, July 30, 2015

Summer and Camping

The other day I was sitting at the computer and Henry noticed my cup was empty.  He asked if he could fill it up for me, and I distractedly told him sure.  When he came back with some water, I was curious as to how he had accomplished it.
He had gotten a chair out and dipped the cup into the dirty dish water.  Yum.  And so very proud of himself!
 He also helped Jer in the rose garden,
 using our inherited kid garden gloves.
 The kids are always begging to play play-doh...I finally gave in, and then got to clean up the mess.
 Jer and the girls watching some golf on tv.
 Water table fun!

 Stella loves to spin around on the swings

 we must have lost her hair clip, her bangs are starting to grow out nicely.

 Coloring is more fun in a tent.
 Obvi.
The kids are really getting into crafts...Stella and Henry doing bead bracelets and Leila doing perler beads.
Why is it that kids love to wipe their noses on anything but kleenex?  For my kids, the preference order goes: mom's shirt, furniture, carpet, kleenex.  Do you see that large snot stain on the couch?  Apparently I wasn't close enough at the time.
For my mom's birthday she wanted her house decorated above her kitchen cupboards.  Kari and I went shopping to Hobby Lobby, Kohl's, Target, and Home Goods to find these items.  It was worth the time and effort when mom saw them.  She absolutely loved it.  Success!
 We went camping to P.J. Hoffmaster State Park in Muskegon with our church.
 We borrowed my parents' pop up again.  My packing list did not pass muster yet, we had to take a trip to meijer, somehow I forgot Leila's underwear!
 Henry chillin' with his lunch.
 Our church group did a "Big Breakfast" on Saturday morning.
 It was quite a spread.
 I think there were around 44 people total.
 There was deep fried hash browns, bacon, and sausage.  Delish.
 Fresh waffles with fruit.
 Plenty of food for all.
 This is Aubrey, our girls were obsessed with her the whole weekend.
 The kids got to go into the hammock with Ema, some of the big kids slept in hammocks overnight.
 Leila taking Henry and Aubrey for a wagon ride.
 Jer's birthday breakfast - french toast!
Leila got an athletic skirt from Nana a while back, and ever since has wanted to run with Jer.
She set out a running outfit and hung it on her closet door, waiting for the day.
They ran 1/3 mile and she sprinted at the end for the win.  It was so stinkin' cute.

No comments: