Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bed, Murmurs, and Homemade Goodness

All clean from their bath the girls are all snuggly in their sleepers.
Stella is starting to suck her thumb. She will still take a pacifier and occasionally sucks on fabrics like her big sister. I am hoping for thumb or pacifier - I had no idea how gross the blanket sucking habit would be - I have to wash Leila's blanket constantly.

We took Stella to Helen DeVos Children's Hospital yesterday for her heart murmur. They did an EKG and took her blood pressure a few times, then listened to her heart. Dr. Malcolm determined that she has an innocent murmur, meaning there are not any holes in her heart, it is just noisy and should not give her any troubles. We thank the Lord that she is healthy and does not require any treatment.

Grandma and the girls

Yesterday I made applesauce to freeze, a classic marinara sauce with tomatoes from our garden, and Leila helped me make rice crismee treats (we worked on pronunciation, and she got it right, then went back to crismee - I decided to let it go).


Leila is now able to count to 12 and sing her abc's. I can't believe how fast she grows and learns! She loves to sing along with songs now and remembers a surprising number of the words to lots of kids songs.

1 comment:

jennalynn said...

I. Need. To. See. Girls. Now.